Psychologist Job Application - Berta Torres

Berta Torres
GTAW Forum Name: GTAW Forum Name

PRELIMINARY APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
Position: Psychologist — Department: Department of Health and Human Services — Duration of Position: Intermittent — Classification: Paygrade VII: $3,250.00

I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
  • 1.1 Title: Mrs.
  • 1.2 First name(s): Berta Khristina
  • 1.3 Last name: Torres
    1.4 Date of Birth: 31/10/1990
    1.5 Phone number: 11283911
    1.6 Email address: [email protected]
    1.7 Place of Birth: Barcelona, Spain
    1.8 Nationality: Spanish
    1.9 Residential address: # Alta Street 3, F15 R2, Los Santos, San Andreas

II. EDUCATION
  • 2.1 Name of High School: La Salle Bonanova
  • 2.2 Year of graduation: 2008
  • 2.3 Name of College/University (or N/A): Universitat de Barcelona
  • 2.4 Year of graduation: 2013

III. EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
  • 3.1 Contact information of your last employer(s): Mr. Isidro Lacalle (Televisió de Catalunya), Mr. Richard Davis (Busch Harland Inc.) Mr. Steve Hastingson (Bluewater Logistics).
  • 3.2 Do you have any noteworthy job experience relevant to this vacancy? If so, where?

The first job I had after obtaining the degree in journalism was running a TV program which was focused on investigating crimes, illegal organization or corruption cases within the public organizations and making a psychological profile of the actors involved. My job was first to analyze the causes that moved a concrete individual to take an action despite knowing that was illegal, dangerous or even an offence against their country. The first thing to do was to evaluate the causes that moved the individual to take a certain decision, like jealousy or envy, when attending to murders or similar cases; blackmailing, bribery or just craving more of what was had in a particular moment, usually observed in cases of corruption within public and/or government institutions; and also a bunch of different ones which were present in cases concerning criminal gangs such as drug smugglers. From that, we continued by elaborating a psychological profile of the individual's mind: relating his or her choice with his personality, identifying if that decision was just another example of a common practice and so on, and we ended up filming a documentary film recreating the background, the psychologic profile and the consequences. That job experience was the one that moved me to complement my degree in journalism with a master’s in criminal psychology.

When I arrived at Los Santos, I joined LSNN. But left after a while since the kind of journalism was not like what I have done in the past. I could get a job meanwhile in Busch Harland, where soon I become part of the Human Resource department, in which my criminal psychology master gave me certain advantage at the time of identifying potential controversial behaviors and solving issues between workers, but was not an specific job of psychologist.

I stayed in Busch Harland for a long. After loosing atraction for their project, I decided to join ventures with a good friend as Chief Strategy Officer in Bluewater Logistics, taking care of some areas, obviously Human Resources being one of those.

IV. MOTIVATIONAL LETTER
  • 4.1 Please explain why you have decided to apply for this vacancy.
    As I have explained in the previous section, I studied journalism and then I complemented it with a master in criminal psychology. When I was young I decided to choose journalism because I thought there would be more opportunities for me, but soon after joining my first job and finishing the master I realized that the psychology branch of the job that I was developing was the one I put more interest and effort into it. Recording the documentary was nice, saying the opposite would be to lie; but I remember myself putting such a big effort on investigating why people acted in a certain way under particular circumstances, or how criminal organizations seized fear or terror to maintain a non-easily modifiable hierarchy. Despite my work was a normal 8-hour full-time job, the amount of time that my dedication to it was way much more that 8 daily hours. I remember myself leading after work to the faculty of psychology to exchange opinions with professors and investigators working in there and trying to reproduce the most realistic psychological profile from which build up the documentary after all. It was a bit disappointing to see how my work was being used to not only make a service to the public opinion, giving explanation often not appearing on the newspapers or the newscasts, but also to make entertainment of something that I personally catalogued of "public shameful problem".

This was mainly the reason why I decided to resign. Combined with some other decisions that weren't the best ones I ever took.

I feel really attracted by the psychology and specially the criminal branch of it. Based on my experience already related I am convinced that a good psychologist can contribute hugely to the positive development of the society. Not only by re-inserting people who mistook, but also to give an explanation to those who suffered, went or are going through a bad experience. Often the fact of not knowing the reasons why something not specially good is happening leads to fear and insecurity, Under those feeling, human tend to react aggressively, or adopting behaviors that can be prejudicial for their own or close relatives health, such as alcoholism, aggressivity, between others; and in extreme cases be prejudicial for the global society, when those cases lead to criminal offences. Studying the reason behind those behaviors and acting over the causes can contribute to reduce the incidence and as a result have a safer and quieter society, avoiding administrative expenses that could be better invested in other more important areas.

For all the stated above is why I would like to join this position within the government of Los Santos. First and foremost for the fact of being this a purely psychologist job which I have the capacity and the motivation to develop, and also to make my small contribution to this State's society.

V. CRIMINAL HISTORY
  • 5.1 Do you have a criminal record?
    [] YES [ X ] NO
    5.2 If yes to the previous question, please elaborate (or N/A):
    Just few traffic fines. Nothing gross.

By submitting this application, I, Berta K. Torres, hereby certify that all questions contained in this document were met with truthful statements. I fully authorize the investigation of any content shared on this document. I am aware that lying, omitting, plagiarizing, or maliciously adulterating this application will result in immediate denial and an indefinite ban from applying for future job vacancies.

Last edited by Berta Torres on Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lotte DeVos
GTAW Forum Name: Birdie

https://i.imgur.com/ShcMWOl.png

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT
OCCUPATION AVENUE 1, ALTA, LOS SANTOS, SA

Application Status - Received

Dear Berta Khristina Torres,

With this letter, we would like to inform you, that we have received your application. The application will now be assessed by the Health and Human Services staff.

Expect a conclusive reply about the outcome of your application within the next seven days.

Sincerely,

L. de Vos
Director of Health and Human Services

Lotte DeVos
GTAW Forum Name: Birdie

https://i.imgur.com/ShcMWOl.png

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT
OCCUPATION AVENUE 1, ALTA, LOS SANTOS, SA

Dear Berta Torres,

We regret to inform you that we are currently unable to offer you a position within the Los Santos City Government.

There are few tasks more difficult than denying an applicant to join us. Although there is no way for us to lessen the disappointment, we would like to point out that we reviewed your application to the best of our abilities. If you would like a more in-depth explanation of the reason for your denial, do not hesitate to contact the Director of Health and Human Services.

Thank you for your interest in a career with the City, and best of luck on your next endeavors.

Sincerely,

L. de Vos
Director of Health and Human Services

Return to “Archives”