[Communications Analyst] Allegra Nixon

Allegra Nixon
GTAW Forum Name: Sal

PRELIMINARY APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
Position: Communications Analyst — Duration of Position: Continuous — Pay Group: Communications Analyst:$40,000.00

I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
  • 1.1 Title: Ms.
  • 1.2 First name(s): Allegra
  • 1.3 Last name: Nixon
    1.4 Date of Birth: 10/07/1982
    1.5 Phone number: 555-0102
    1.6 Email address: [email protected]
    1.7 Place of Birth: Los Santos
    1.8 Nationality: American
    1.9 Residential address: Richman Heights, Room 619, Boulevard Del Perro, Los Santos

II. EDUCATION
  • 2.1 Name of High School: Palomine High
  • 2.2 Year of graduation: 1998
  • 2.3 Name of College/University (or N/A): University of Oxford, graduating with 1st Degree Honours in Public Relations and Communications.
  • 2.4 Year of graduation: 2002

III. EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
  • 3.1 Contact information of your last employer(s): Aleksei Kruschev, CEO of Network Ventura. Phone: +44 555-0103. Email: [email protected] ((Provided for flavour only, her previous role being based off-server))
  • 3.2 Do you have any noteworthy job experience relevant to this vacancy? If so, where?
    I spent a great many years as a journalist in Los Santos during my younger days, progressing from the low intern ranks up through to network anchor in a reputable media establishment. I then moved into the world of corporate PR as a press office assistant at a marketing agency, before eventually going to work for one of my clients, Solarin Inc.

In 2018 I spend some time assisting Mayor Rockford with the formation of the Department of Cultural Affairs, before leaving once again following his absence. Finally, in my most recent return to Los Santos I assisted the Democratic party with some of their PR during the Mayoral elections in 2020. I have since dropped my affiliation with either party, as I would later move on to work for a news outlet where neutrality was valued above all else.

IV. MOTIVATIONAL LETTER
  • 4.1 Please explain why you have decided to apply for this vacancy.
    I have always loved writing and have spent much of my working life as a communications professional in some way; whether that be a journalist, a spokesperson, speech writer and so on.

Without going into too much detail, I've recently divorced from my husband and am looking to return to my roots here in Los Santos. I don't have much to my name and the city has changed so much since I was last around. What I do know, however, is that I'd love to have a role in communications and PR once again. Although the fast-paced life of a journalist is thrilling and exciting, I'd rather work more for something that I believe in.

In the relatively short time that I have been back, I've been reading through your press releases and activities and am very impressed. There was once a time when a Mayor, and thus the Government, would be barely visible or active whatsoever. It is incredibly refreshing to see that this is not the case here - quite the opposite - I hear very good things!

However of course, there are always naysayers and critics. That is naturally part of the world we live in - in politics. There are some people who simply cannot be convinced and will always be in opposition. These individuals can rarely be brought around to any other way of thinking. Then of course you have those who sit mostly on the fence; the individuals who may not spend much time understanding the political climate at all, and hold no strong opinions. These individuals are, in my mind, who City Hall's PR and communications activities should be aimed at - and knowing our audience is key after all.

To give you the nutshell version of why I'm applying: I seek a purpose, and one which puts my skills to good use. I have a great many ideas for how we could take City Hall's communications to the next level - I even have a full list of events ideas for the entire year if you'd like to see it. Naturally, if you're looking for a worker bee to distribute work to, whether that's writing or providing comments, speech writing, events organisation and administration - I would be delighted to help.

I do hope that you will consider me for the position of Communications Analyst, and would love to speak to you about this role further.

Kind regards,
    Allegra Nixon

V. CRIMINAL HISTORY
  • 5.1 Do you have a criminal record?
    [] YES [X] NO
    5.2 If yes to the previous question, please elaborate (or N/A):
    N/A

(( VI. ADMIN HISTORY ))
  • 6.1 Please provide an unedited screenshot of your admin history from the UCP.
    ACCESS

By submitting this application, I, Allegra Nixon, hereby certify that all questions contained in this document were met with truthful statements. I fully authorize the investigation of any content shared on this document. I am aware that lying, omitting, plagiarizing, or maliciously adulterating this application will result in immediate denial and an indefinite ban from applying for future job vacancies.

Last edited by Allegra Nixon on Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitsuki Asano
GTAW Forum Name: Loco

https://i.imgur.com/3liIa4b.png

OFFICE OF CITY OPERATIONS
LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT
1 CARCER WAY, ROCKFORD HILLS, LOS SANTOS, SA

Dear Ms. Nixon,

Your job application has been submitted and is being reviewed. Expect a reply within the following days. If we want to schedule an interview, we will provide you with the time and materials to prepare. Please contact the Communications Director or Office of City Operations if you have any further questions. We are looking forward towards assessing your application.

Thank you for your interest in a career with the Los Santos City Government.

Sincerely,

Mitsuki Asano
Communications Director, Office of the COO
Mitsuki Asano

INTERVIEW ARRANGEMENT
OFFICE OF CITY OPERATIONS
CITY OF LOS SANTOS
EMPLOYMENT AFFAIRS, OFFICE OF CITY OPERATIONS
CARCER WAY 1, ROCKFORD HILLS, LOS SANTOS, SA

RE: Arrangement of an Interview for the position of Communications Analyst

Dear Ms. Nixon,

following your application from the March 21st, 2022 for the position of Communications Analyst, I hereby invite you to a job interview.

Please call me via my work phone number ( 609-94-92 ) or contact me via this e-mail address with your available schedule so we can arrange the interview within reasonable time. The interview itself will roughly take about an hour and you'll be faced with questions regarding your background, education and specific topics regarding the position you have applied for.

I can offer you the following dates and times of day from my schedule:
  • Wednesday, March 23rd. 2022 (between 21:00 & 23:00)
  • Thursday, March 24th. 2022 (between 20:00 & 23:30)
  • Friday, March 25th, 2022 (between 19:00 & 20:00)
  • Saturday, March 26th, 2022 (between 11;00 & 16:00)
  • Sunday, March 27th, 2022 (between 11:00 & 23:00)
Please ensure that you bring the following documents to the interview:
  • [-] Means of identification (identity card, drivers license)
    [-] Your complete resumé
    [-] Copies of your High School and University Diploma
The interview will take place at Rockford City Hall (Carcer Way 1), Rockford Hills, Los Santos.

In addition, be advised that your interview will be recorded for assessment and quality-control purposes. All gathered data will not be reviewed by or shared with third parties. By attending your scheduled interview you agree to the aforementioned conditions.

If you have any questions left regarding the interview or the position of Communications Analyst, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or phone.

We're looking forward to meeting you, Ms. Nixon!

With best regards,

Mitsuki Asano
Allegra Nixon
GTAW Forum Name: Sal

Dear Ms Asano,

Thank you so much for informing me of your decision to progress to the next stage, I am honoured to be considered for this position.

I wish to inform you of a change in my circumstances however that will sadly mean that I am no longer able to progress as originally planned. As I appreciate that you took the time to read through my application, I wish to provide you with a full background as to what has happened. Whether or not you read through this is entirely at your discretion, but is provided out of respect for the time you’ve already dedicated in this regard.

As I mentioned in my application, my primary drive with my work is that I must dedicate myself to a cause that I believe in, and that the cause makes good use of my skills. I have absolutely no doubt that, if I had progressed past this stage and if you were happy to offer me a role, this would have been a wonderful and fitting environment to meet these goals. However, over the last few days since my return to the city, another opportunity presented itself and which I simply could not turn down.

The position that I have accepted is that of political correspondent at the Los Santos News Network. Following the State Government’s recent announcement regarding elections, I realised that the media will play an ever-increasing and important role in ensuring that the populous receives all the information they need to make an informed decision. And I believe, as a communications professional and journalist with experience, that I can add value in this situation.

This view was shared by Ms Carry Saunders, who aside from being a very old friend and contact of mine for many years now, is also a journalist that I have held considerable respect for during my time in Los Santos. Myself and Ms Saunders are very different people, to be sure, but we believe that these differences will only serve to improve the overall quality of media coverage in the city.

And so it is with great regret that I must withdraw my application for Communications Analyst at the Los Santos City Government. I’ll echo the fact that I have no doubt this would have been a wonderful and fitting role (provided that I did indeed pass the next stages, of course!) and that it is a position I will happily share with my contacts.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the time squandered on reviewing my application. It would still be very good to meet you and put a face to a name, as no doubt our professional lives will cross given these new circumstances. You have my number so please do call me whenever and we can arrange a catch-up.

If you prefer not to then I do of course understand this as well. Regardless, I wish you all the best.

With kindest regards,
Allegra Nixon
Mitsuki Asano

https://i.imgur.com/30KHqSB.png

OFFICE OF THE COO
LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT
1 CARCER WAY, ROCKFORD HILLS, LOS SANTOS, SA

RE: [Communications Analyst] Allegra Nixon

Dear Ms. Nixon

We thank you for your interest in working with the City, regardless of the final outcome.

Your motivational letter was certainly astonishingly written, I was personally intrigued to hear more about the ideas that you have at your disposal. It is inevitable that our paths will cross. And with that being said, should you ever require specific information regarding the City of Los Santos, do feel free to contact us once more.

We bid you good fortune in your career advancement!

Sincerely,

Mitsuki Asano

Return to “Archives”